Offering increased security with rapid combination changes, interchangeable core cylinders enable quick and easy cylinder changes by non-technical personnel by using a special control key to remove the cylinder (core) from the lock housing. A core with a new combination can then be inserted, which in effect rekeys the lock. All of this can be done without having to take the lock apart, which reduces the expense of calling outside service personnel to perform routine lock rekeys. These cylinder/ core combinations are often used on doors of high-turnover businesses, like fast-food or manufacturing environments, where rapid rekeying is often desirable. Medeco3’s patented high security technology provides protection against unauthorized duplication of keys, along with hardened inserts to resist drilling and features that protect against other types of attack.
Features & Benefits:
- Utility patented key control, (for cylinders that incorporate the Biaxial design), provides protection against the unauthorized duplication of keys.
- A special elevating and rotating pin tumbler design, along with false slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins and a sidebar mechanism, work together, to provide superior pick resistance.
- Angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning, and the reciprocal slider of the Medeco3 design, provide added dimensions that dramatically increases key combinations and enables Medeco to produce some of the largest master key systems in the industry.
- Hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder, provide a high degree of drill resistance.
- Solid brass construction provides high quality and long cylinder life.
- 8 different finishes provide an extremely close color match with existing hardware.
- UL437 listing provides assurance that cylinders meet universal standards for drill and pick resistance and resistance against other types of forced attack.
- 2 year warranty offers assurance of product quality and factory support in the rare event there is a problem.